Monday, November 22, 2010

Anticipation and Swing touch up.

I touched up the anticipation before he hit the ball and the swing.  The part where he's rotating his bat during anticipation, is not completely finished.  I want to leave that open until the body movements are all done.  Let's see what I need to do to move on to the next part!


[MINOR]  the head movement around 105, it doesn't feel right.  the head movement at 105 and 126 is too even, need to break it up.
[MINOR]  I really like 150s where TOBE lower his head, I want to try accentuate that. 
[MUST DO]  the right hand of course! need to grab the bat as well!
[MUST DO]  Little pop here and there in the hand 167 to 243.
[MUST DO]  Add a freakin ball...
[MUST DO]  at the hit, smooth the body out

That's it for now!  I shall touch up the rest after I finish these!

4 comments:

  1. keep going! =) I would like to see bat bounce or roll after it falls on the ground..if its not distracting to main animation

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's feeling a lot better. I expect it done and on my desk by tomorrow morning. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe thanks! I will add the bat animation later. and thank god jo you are not a producer, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yesterday i talked to a friend of mine who is really into baseball. He pointed several things out in my animation that doesn't look quit right. I really appreciate his opinions. He helps me understand how a baseball player would use his body when playing. I am just going to post it here,
    1. a little more accentuation on the head would help
    2. i dont like the 3rd hip sway? the one just before the hips stop moving
    when i swing a bat i keep my weight on my back leg
    so to have the hip sway foward like that i think it kills some anticipation and energy
    i think if the weight stayed on the back leg rather than sway forward it would be a stronger anticipation
    you could be going for a different thing tho
    3. the leg that leads the swinging animation
    i was wondering if it could be more snappy around frame 220, more cartoony?
    the leg is the biggest action.
    4. examples of Barry Bonds, Ken, Ichiro
    5. my friend just looked at the animation
    and he noticed the shoulders
    in swinging usually the front shoulder is down and the back shoulder is up

    ReplyDelete