Thursday, November 18, 2010

Nostalgia: Princess Sarah

I can't recall why I pick up this anime again recently.  

I do remember though, when I was around 5 yrs old, my happiest time of the day was at 6 pm.  Not only did I get to devour my grandmom's homemade delicious dinner, I also get to watch cartoons at the same time! And this cartoon, "Princess Sarah", was among my favorite ones.

Princess Sarah

The story is based on a novel called "A Little Princess" written by Frances Hodgson Burnett.  It has 46 episodes.  I am only at episode 7 right now.  When I was a child, watching this animation for the first time, I imagined that I was Sarah.  I figured at that time I would think Sarah is such an adorable little girl, and I want to be like her.  How time has passed! 


Two days ago, when I picked it up again, I remember I was yelling out,  "What a troublesome little bitch!! "  I was amused by how I am watching the animation as a adult now.  Complete different view!  I wonder if my mom ever pray in the dark that the animation ends early, so I would stop copying Sarah.  Nonetheless that doesn't take my love away for this animation now.

This animation was made by Nippon Animation Studio in 1985.  Nippon Animation Studio is famous for taking the literature novels and made them into numerous cartoons.  Their anime series includes, The Adventure of Tom Sawyer, Marco From the Apennines to the Andes, etc. They are also the studio that responsible for Chibi Maruko Chan anime, Cooking Master Boy anime.

This studio has created so many good memories for me, make me happy even now when I think back.

This, is the power of animation.

1 comment:

  1. My Favrorite series too & i am still searching for its episodes but no luck.

    ReplyDelete